CalienteDamaArtCalienteDamaArt

Main News Art Favorites Reviews Stats

All 8 art Reviews

Eh...(?) Eh...(?)

good start but It would have been nice if the background was drawn by you. The composition is ok, but it does look like she is floating. This is because of the tree, for this to make sense with the way the tree is sitting you would have to have her feet below the bottom of the page, character design is a bit crazy but I like that, it's different and she is cute. I would also say that because you haven't painted the background and it is a bit dull and dark, it just doesn't go with her at all. The pattern across her top is a bit too straight, it looks like a stamp, you need to put curves and bends in it to make it look like it is flowing and clothes-like.

Digital art is hard and it takes a bit of time to get used to, it is also hard to not just say "well its digital I can just copy and paste" any one can do that but you want to stand out and make your stuff your own. Eventually you will be able to understand everything more. What program did you use for this?

Just Photoshop CS 64-bit with a Wacom intuos tablet

Dona Okana Dona Okana

This looks like a photo! It's amazing!

Preview Preview

Aw she is cute! Good start!

ChanTheGamerMan responds:

Finished it check it out on my page!

Grey Grey

Really neat! I like the folds in the clothing I always struggle with that! The arm on the left side the one that is hidden behind looks like it should be shaded a bit more though, otherwise really nice!

pamrl responds:

Thanks! And I'll take note of what you said. :)

Pooker and Pookerphrax. Pooker and Pookerphrax.

This is absolutely beautiful! For once I have nothing to say, which is unusual for me cause I like to nitpick. Just beautiful.

River Tribe Environment River Tribe Environment

This is gorgeous! I love it, although I would say that there is too much green? Maybe some other colours like yellow and a bit more bluey green tones would add a little bit of interest. Other than that I am very impressed with this! Looks so peaceful.

Rude Awakenings Rude Awakenings

Hey! I just wanted to give you a quick tip, I looked at most of your art at a glance as I am crunched for time right now, I just want to say that you did in this piece what I used to do all the time. Block shading and it looks like you rushed to get the block shading particularly on the hair and clothes. things are not block black like that and the hard shading lines aren't very attractive. I learned that with building up your shading slowly and adding midtones, and highlights, you get a much better effect than just fast block colour. Hope this helps! It is hard to explain really but I hope you understand!

ChanTheGamerMan responds:

I was just going for a manga feel which is just pen and ink but thanks for the review

Some Days are for Sleeping Some Days are for Sleeping

Aw that dog is adorable! You're art is really nice and clean and the expression on the dogs face is awesome. Lighting is really nice too. I would say that the blanket could use a bit more detail and work, I think it looks a bit to harsh and sharp around the edges. Other wise amazing job, keep it up :D